Monday, March 31, 2014

Maxixe 33rd week - March 31, 2014

We had to make three trips to Fipag to get our water hooked up. Miraculously it finally got reconnected at 19h30 Monday. Once we had water, I cleaned all the dishes and yes (it’s going to sound very gross but honest) I flushed and cleaned the toilets.



I have been walking with members as companions. With a lot of lessons falling through we have spent a lot of time walking. I have had a lot of time to study and so I read “Our Search for Happiness” by M. Russell Ballard. I love it, it is awesome.


I learned a bit how to cook like a Mozambican. It isn’t too hard. I really enjoyed learning and it is super tasty.

Feijoada
Ingredients
2 tomatoes
½ to 1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
½ to 1 green bell pepper
About 250 grams cabbage
2 to 4 cups cooked beans of your choice (Red Kidney beans – cooked with coconut water, butter, pinto, baked, etc…)
½ to 1 cup Meat of your choice (chicken, beef, pork or fish)
25ml salt
1-2 cubes chicken stock
20ml oil

Directions
Cook meat and cut into pieces, set aside.
Cook the beans, do not strain, set aside
Finely dice onion and bell pepper.
Skin (optional) and cut up tomatoes
Put 4 cloves of Garlic into a cup with salt. Find something hard and smash ‘em until they are liquid
Cut cabbage into squares.
Put oil into a pot and get it hot, add the garlic/salt mixture and stir. Add diced onions and let cook for a little tiny bit Add tomatoes and stir and smash. The tomatoes will become more or less liquid. Add the bell peppers. Stir. Add stock cubes (or equal powder). Stir. Add beans but not the bean water yet. Stir. Add bean water and cabbage and meat. Stir until it’s good and evenly mixed. Let it cook a bit. Servido!


Wednesday I got to hold a little class on the priesthood for the young men who will be having interviews to receive it. It was fun and a good experience


Church was good Sunday. It was the 5th Sunday so combined Relief Society and Priesthood. I was asked to give a talk on Baptism and the Gospel and my miracle for Sunday was that my talk went well. Next week this branch will be doing a special fast. I am excited, it should be really good.


This week is just being impossible to sit with anyone. Hopefully next week after zone conference will be better but it’s another miracle that I have this opportunity to grow.

Living Room and Chapel


No comments:

Post a Comment