Tuesday, February 4, 2014

T-3 25th week - February 4, 2014

Our P-day was switched to Tuesday this week because Monday was a national holiday. It was strange but we kept busy with lessons and contacting. Our branch family night had about 35 people in attendance. For refreshments, a member made really good chocolate cake and banana bread. It is so funny how much I love banana bread now, because I didn't love it before the mission. Last night I got a phone call from Elder Lynn. He wanted to see how I was doing. He told me Manga has not had power since last Tuesday. It was really nice of him to call and it made my day.

Last Monday was so different from P-Day in Manga, it was a great day and in the evening, the branch has a collective family night it was good and fun.

We had some good lessons and lots of contacts. I am trying to learn the area, but I'm having a really hard time doing so. It's funny I would've thought I would've already headed down due to the fact that it is a grid system. I'm getting it little by little. It's a great area though. We had a special zone conference. It was super cool to have a zone conference with Elder okay Hamilton of the seventy. He's really a nice cool guy he gave us advice and training. It was a really neat experience.
Picture from President Kretly's blog

00ps! Friday was one of "those days" almost everything that could go wrong did. We had about seven lessons marked (with backup plans) but every single thing we had fell through. Contacting people wasn't so hot either. We were getting rejected left and right, but we had a good solid finish to the week. During sacrament meeting something pretty cool happened I was sitting next to a young girl probably no older than eight or nine. She was caring for her baby sister. When the sacrament got past her she took a piece of bread, ripped it in half and gave it to her sister so she could partake of the sacrament too. It was cute.


There have been a couple of jet planes flying. They're super loud. It's funny because I am surprised to see planes in the air. It is been a long time since I have. Now it is weird to me where as at home it happened almost every day.

This is the kitchen in the T-3 house!

I thought this was funny! It says "Beer is sold" (arrow pointing to the ground) "Here".

No comments:

Post a Comment