Monday, February 17, 2014

T-3 27th week - February 17, 2014

On P-Day we went to Maputo with Elder Rebollo and Elder Reed. They needed to buy a ring for their investigator that will be getting married. My companion, Elder NDala wanted to by the speaker. It was really weird to go into the city. Almost a little culture-shocky" for me. We drove on the freeway with a lot of cars, it felt strange. The city was fun but we had the worst bus ride or any kind of ride for that matter, of my life. We were packed in super tight like sardines. The driver wasn't smooth at all, a lot of quick starts and stops, and a lot of fast jerky turns. We went shopping then home to rest. Before family night, Elder NDala needed a haircut so we did that. At family night, missionaries, members and investigators alike had a good time.

Tuesday was one of the saddest days of my mission. We got a phone call from one of our investigators J---. His wife, O-----, left him, again. The last time she left she took all of his money. But she came back and he forgave her. They were working towards marriage, they were at family night together Monday happy and acted normal. On Tuesday she packed up everything she could from their home and left without notice. We went over and talked with him. He of course was heartbroken. He loves her and has been doing everything he can for her. It was so sad, he was crying as I would expect of anyone. We shared some scriptures with him, and gave him a blessing of comfort. I just felt that he was a good man trying to do what is right and I had hope that he would hold strong. Later in the week after being disappointed from a lot of drop lessons, we went for our lesson with J---. He was acting very odd. I thought I saw someone that looked like his wife, O-----. During the lesson we heard a noise inside the house. At the end of the lesson, the TV (view-able from the window) had a menu on it that hadn't been changed up until the end when it started to change what was selected. Later Elder NDala and I talked. We confirmed each other's thoughts and we both felt like the wife was in fact at the home and that J--- was lying to us. I can't imagine why they would. except to escape the responsibility of getting married. It's so sad but I felt the gift of discernment. It's hard to explain but I just knew. It must be how it is with moms, my mama always knew when I was lying!

This week, I realized something about myself, some days I'm really bad about living in the moment. I am so ready for the next day, hour, lesson,  or whatever. I don't want to miss "the now" when it's "tomorrow". I've decided to look for, identify, and write down at least one miracle each day. I know some days it will be hard in some easy. But I know it will give me heightened appreciation for each and every day. I will see the good in each moment, I know I will enjoy every day more. 

The miracle for Wednesday, took place in our first lesson of the day. It was with A---------, a young single adult we are teaching. He is super prepared. He told us about a dream he had a couple of days before. He said in the dream his father wanted him to come to visit his old church, so he agreed. Once at the church he didn't feel comfortable and finally got to the point where he left. In his dream his family didn't want him to come to the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints because it makes him strong. But he stood up for and defended the church. Later he told his aunt about the dream. She told him to tell his parents. He said he felt apprehensive but decided it would be best to tell his parents the dream. He did. He said his family was super accepting even supportive of his choice. It was really neat.

I was grateful that Thursday most of our lessons were scheduled at the church. It made me grateful for indoor plumbing. I had apparently eaten spoiled meat for lunch. I was very sick and since none of the people we were suppose to meet for lesson showed up and I was finally feeling bad enough that we headed home. I wasn't able to keep food in my stomach on the way home and continued to be sick once we arrived. I slept for a couple of hours then woke up. It hurt to lay down so I sat for a bit then went to bed. 

The super awesome miracle that happened that day was letters. Elder Barrasso brought them from his leader training meeting. Also it was sprinkling which gave me three more miracles cooler weather shady clouds and more packed less dusty paths and roads. Also when I was sitting feeling sick at the church I had the most random thought of how I miss family time. Not like scheduled stuff but things like yard work or Home Depot runs with Dad and shopping or car rides with Mom. It is cool and the miracle how the mission can really show you what's important in life. I hope I never forget it.

Friday I kept a solid food down. That for sure was a miracle.  This weekend was District Conference and it was really good. President and Sister Kretly rock! The miracle for Saturday and Sunday was District Conference, getting get to hear a lot a very good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment