Sunday, August 4, 2013

No Visa Possible Reassignment

I haven't had the heart to post this until this morning. I thought that maybe somehow, at the last minute, the original plans would work out. We didn't get a phone call from the airport so our dear little missionary will have to learn to deal with this small disappointment.

Friday evening we were reading the letter he wrote on his P-day this last Tuesday when we got this email:

So I have some sad/bad news today.
 
If you get this please email back because I will want to know what you think I will be checking later tonight.
 
And yes I did receive permission to be emailing today.
 
I have been notified that my visa has not been received. I will not be flying out on Sunday morning unless I otherwise let you know. I have been told by my travel leader that they said I shouldn’t be here longer than Thursday but I have no idea how they would know that.
 
By the time I was able to go to the travel office to talk to them they were closed, so I will be going to talk to them first thing tomorrow morning. I will hopefully receive more guidance and information at that point.
Hopefully I will be able to get to the field soon.
 
I love you guys and am so thankful for your loving support and prayers. I can feel them in my life.
 
-Elder Kanaga
 
Originally we thought that he assumed he will be leaving for Mozambique on Thursday. We assumed the same, but after talking to family members and then re-reading his email we now think he may be sent to another mission in the states, as a temporary reassignment until his Visa arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment