Monday, August 26, 2013

Manga 2nd Week - August 26, 2013

Elder Kanaga did not have time to write a family and friends letter this week. He did send some pictures I thought you might enjoy.


Transportation from Maputo to Manga
 
 


Walls with razor wire and glass surround the house


All entrances and windows have security bars.


Husking rice: Elder Kanaga writes: "It's very physically exerting. Everyone
is so fit! It's super hard, probably comparable to digging holes but you have
to move fast and hard. You can feel the ground (shaking)". Wow!

First taste of sugar cane "Don't worry Mom I've only had one"


Uninvited Spider: "He has set up shop outside with some crazy webs"

In our private email he expressed some difficulty with the language. He wrote:
"I have been having a very hard time with the language. I can understand 80% of what is said but I have a hard time speaking (ironic I know). It is frustrating but I am learning and I know it will be okay in the end."
 
One experience he related:
"We had a super spiritual lesson with a new investigator and his wife. She wouldn't agree to come to church. Then after the lesson she agreed to and she said she could feel God's presence."

He shared his favorite scripture (Acts 17:27-28):
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment