Monday, August 25, 2014

Johannesburg, South Africa and Maputo Mozambique 54th week - August 25, 2014

This week was full. Monday after emailing we met up with a couple of other missionaries and went to Snake City. It was really cool. They had 12 of South Africa’s most deadly snakes.








The rest of the week was full of lessons and tracting. Honestly tracting in Johannesburg is harder and more discouraging than Mozambique. People turn you down in a hard way. “Hey we’re the missionaries and want to share our message with you” – “Well good luck with that but not at this house”.

Some of the highlights of the week were:
  • Emailing with super fast and cheap internet
  • A P-Day visit to Snake City
  • Lxxxx, a 17 year old member helped us teach, and man was he POWERFUL! I was amazed at the things he knew and his maturity. He will be an awesome missionary. 
  • Sing with the residents at a retirement home. 
  • Dinner appointments with some really incredible families



I am so thankful for the time and experience in South Africa, Johannesburg.



I flew back to Maputo on Friday. Here is something that is comical to me, from Johannesburg to Maputo - we took off, finished our ascent, they serve a little lunch, collect the lunch trays, then start the descent. We were in the air for only 40 minutes. 

The office elders “fetched” me from the airport, I quickly unpacked and we got to work. I will be honest, I loved the “car” treatment in Joburg, but I like walking better. I am also overjoyed to be speaking Portuguese again. I really did miss it.  

Sunday after church I did some baptismal interviews for Rxx and Nxxxx. They are solid investigators and will be a huge strength to the branch here. Their knowledge and testimonies are so strong and full. It was a really nice experience for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment