Monday, September 30, 2013

Manga 7th Week - September 30, 2013

What a crazy week. I think this may have been one of the fastest weeks so far.  Not to mention it was the last week of the transfer. I am now 1/8 done with my mission. Weird right? It doesn’t feel like that much time has passed but it has.

We spent a lot of time at the church this week. On Friday we cleaned it from 10am until at least 3pm. We dusted, swept, mopped, scrubbed chairs, the whole works.
The real craziness came on Saturday (wedding day). We got to the church early, at 9am, to set up for the wedding. We were all set up at 10am. The wedding was supposed to start at 11:00. It turns out, if you think Mormon Standard Time is bad, just wait until it becomes Mormon Mozambican Standard Time. The couples didn’t get there until 1pm. The ceremony was over around 2:30 or 3pm.

Then we had to eat and this was done at 4:30-ish. Then it was time to clean. Food was everywhere, we swept and mopped like three times. Then we opened the kitchen doors… it was the worst. We cleaned that church to a shine and we were there until 8pm cleaning.
The following day we baptized our families. I had the opportunity to baptize the mother of the family we had been teaching along with her son. I also had the opportunity to confirm them on the 29th. It was super scary to have to say the prayer in Portuguese but now I know it, so I am okay. All is well. The Lord is directing this work (with certainty). It is amazing to see the path it takes. There is nothing harder I promise you, but there is also nothing more satisfying and gratifying.

I love you all!

-Elder Tanner Lee Kanaga

 

No comments:

Post a Comment